Parents Support Group
- Encourage and support the school in the wellbeing and development of our children
- Assist parents in developing the skills they need to prepare their children for the future
- Work closer with school management to deepen scope of collaborations
- Focus on building and maintaining closer relationships with all Edgefield parents and PSG members
- Act as a feedback channel for parents to communicate with PSG Executive Committee first, should any issue arise
- We collaborate with the school on projects (e.g. IFD/RHD etc.) that help in developing the next generation of future leaders
- We connect and enable parents to learn and grow holistically together as parents with our children
Message from Chairperson
Further Information on PSG
Our PSG Executive Committee (2019)
Chairperson: Michelle Ow Yeong
Secretary: Shirali Zosa
Treasurer: Lynn Wong
Fathers Club Coordinators: Zaldy Zosa
IT / Website Administrator: Ernest Chan
Executive Members: Samantha Ng
EFSS PSG started out in 2014 when the school first took its baby steps to become what it is today.
During term time, the PSG EXCO Team collaborated with the school to organise various school events, such as Chinese New Year Celebration, International Friendship Day, and Racial Harmony Day, just to name a few.
The purpose is to provide opportunities for parents to volunteer their time and expertise to facilitate activities in school, and at the same time, build strong bonds with other parent volunteers, their children, other students, and the school teaching community.
Our Code of Ethics
√ Be enthusiastic about caring, sharing and learning.
√ Be warm, friendly, and courteous at all times.
√ Be dependable and responsible for our scheduled times. Notify the Chairperson / Event Coordinator early, if you are unable to commit to an agreed parent volunteering event in school.
√ Give constructive feedback for school improvement through the PSG EXCO. Criticism of the professional staff, students, other parents and programs is inappropriate.
√ Be open-minded and flexible. Personal feelings should not interfere with work.
√ Encourage other parents to be a member of the PSG.
√ Protect the teachers’, students’ and other parents’ right to privacy. Do not disclose school or personal matters which have come to our attention.
√ Discuss area(s) of concern with the PSG EXCO.
√ Be responsible for maintaining an attitude of mutual respect and confidence.
√ Be familiar with school policies and practices.
√ Although the job is voluntary, the commitment is professional.
EFSS PSG Fathers Club
In 2017, we introduced our PSG Fathers Club. We strongly believe that both parents involvement in their child’s growing years is a significant factor in a child’s emotional and cognitive development.
In the first year of formation, we shared parenting and fathering resources with the Fathers in the Club. We also participated in the School’s Total Defence Day Celebration, where some male teachers and father representatives don their military uniforms, and shared their stories on defending Singapore via National Service.
In 2018, we explore out and was invited to participate in a few external events. In April, we send a few fathers to attend the Dads@School Forum. In September 2018, we were invited and participated in the “Dads@NorthEast Connects”, an external activity organised by Centre for Fathering - Dads For Life. In October 2018, we organised and conducted our inaugural activity - “Sushi Challenge”. Both activities turned out to be great enjoyable bonding sessions for parents and students alike.
Upcoming PSG Events
Racial Harmony Day Celebrations
– Monday 22nd July, morning
3rd PSG Quarterly Meeting
– Wednesday 4th Sep, evening (TBC)
Fathers Club / PSG Family Bonding Activity
– Saturday 19th October (timing TBC)
- Friday 25th October, morning
- 3rd Week of December (date TBC)