View Main Page >> Applied Learning Programme Lifelong Learning Programme Future-ready Programme Apple Education Programme
View Main Page >> CCA View Main Page >> Clubs Performing Arts Uniformed Groups Sports hide Programme View Main Page >> Language Development Overseas Immersion Student Leadership
View Main Page >> Direct School Admission (DSA) Parents Support Group Partnership Staff Useful Links View Main Page >> Students Parents Staff
Principal's Message Our Story About Edgefield Mission, Vision, Motto & Core Values School Crest School Song Edgefield Mascots Achievements CCA Achievements Student Accolades Staff Accolades Announcements Locate Us
- Future Ready
Applied Learning Programme Lifelong Learning Programme Future-ready Programme Technology-Enhanced Learning @ Edgefield (TEL@Edgefield)
CCA Clubs Performing Arts Uniformed Groups Sports Programme Language Development Overseas Immersion Student Leadership Character and Citizenship Education Full Subject-Based Banding (Full SBB)
Direct School Admission (DSA) Parents Support Group Partnership Staff Useful Links Students Parents Staff
Technology-Enhanced Learning @ Edgefield (TEL@Edgefield)
Home > Experience > Programme > Language Development > Conversational Chinese & Malay Classes & 3rd Language Classes
Conversational Chinese & Malay Classes & 3rd Language Classes
Choice of Chinese and Malay Language
Students to indicate choice of Third Language for Year 2
Sec 2 students are to take up a 3rd language which are either basic conversational Japanese, Korean or French in Term 3 for 8 sessions (8 hours). Through learning of the 3rd language students will:
- Appreciate the diversity of other ethnic groups and understand their unique culture and language.
- Able to communicate, make social engagement and build positive relationships with the ethnic group.
- Know that the 3rd Language that they are learning will benefit them in the future, e.g. in working life.
- Realize the importance of respecting other cultures.
At the end of the 8th session, students will obtain certificate of participation.
- Arts Education @EFSS
- Author-in-Residence Programme@EFSS
- Broadcasting @EFSS
- Conversational Chinese & Malay Classes & 3rd Language Classes
- Language Arts
- Media Literacy
- Mother Tongue Language Programmes & Activities
- Prime Time @Edgefield
- Speech & Drama
- Writing Workshops